Interview with @ErinFletcher11 (Author of Pieces of You and Me)
1. Tell us 5 things about yourself that readers may not know about you.
-I was on my university’s synchronized figure skating team. (Yes, that’s actually a sport!)
-Even though I’m a writer, I got my degree in mathematics.
– I cannot stand the smell or taste of anything peppermint or spearmint. It makes me sick. I have to let guys I’m dating know this almost right away, otherwise kisses can be very awkward!
-My favorite place in the world is the beach.
-I collect coffee mugs. If you ever visit my house and open my mug cupboard, you’re bound to get hit in the head with one as it falls out. But I can’t get rid of any because they all have memories and meaning!
2. Tell us a little bit about Pieces of You and Me, and why readers should definitely check it out?
Pieces of You and Me is about Rylee and Chase, middle school best friends who were separated for five years due to circumstances beyond their control. When they’re reunited they’ve both changed and they’re attracted to each other in a completely different way, but there are obstacles standing in their way.
I think readers should check it out to see what happens to Chase and Rylee; to find out if friends can become more than friends, or if too much change and too many obstacles doom them to failure.
3. What was the hardest scene you had to write in Pieces of You and Me? (of course without giving too much away)
Chase has a bit of a self-destructive nature, so writing some of his most destructive scenes was a challenge! I love Chase and wanted to protect him!
4. Describe some of Chase’s qualities and why readers will definitely fall this tortured hero?
Chase can be reckless and audacious but also sentimental and sweet. He’s a talented artist, a skateboarder, and of course he’s gorgeous! He’s been through the wringer, but despite everything he truly has a good heart.
5. Lil’ Sidekick: What inspired you to become an writer?
Great question. 🙂 I started daydreaming and making up stories in my mind while riding the bus to and from school in seventh grade. From there, I started writing fan fiction and absolutely loved interacting with readers and other writers! Then I knew I wanted to write my own original work, too.
6. What is up next for Erin Fletcher?
I’ve already finished writing my next novel for Entangled Teen Crush, so that should be out sometime in the not-so-distant future. It doesn’t have a title yet, but it’s about a hockey player and a figure skater who get to know each other in two very different and unique ways. I hope there will be more books to come after that, too!
Pieces of You and Me
Author: Erin Fletcher
Publishing Date: April 18, 2016
Publisher: Entangled: Crush
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains references to drinking, addiction, and just the right amount of angst. You’ll want to save this tortured hero, while at the same time, not want to change a single thing about him!
That’s how long I’ve been gone. Since I left my best friend—the girl I loved—behind.
That’s how long it takes to realize I am completely, utterly, screwed. Because now that I’m back, my childhood crush has turned into so much more.
Rylee has changed. We both have. And now I’m drawn to her in a completely different way. To her smile. Her touch. To reliving old memories and making new ones. To the happiness she’s always given me that I haven’t felt since I left.
But her friends are hell-bent on keeping us apart. My dad is one drink away from destroying both of our lives, and maybe I am, too. It’s only a matter of time before I have to leave again, and there’s nothing I can do to stop it. I never get a choice.
The one choice I can make? Stay away from Rylee. Because if I don’t, I’ll break her heart—and mine—all over again.
Purchase at Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Latest posts by FranJessca (see all)
- Book Releases: February 25, 2020 - February 25, 2020
- Review: ‘Fix Her Up’ by Tessa Bailey #Romanceopoly2020 - February 24, 2020
- Review: ‘A Madness of Sunshine’ by Nalini Singh #Romanceopoly2020 - February 21, 2020