Five Things You May Not Know About Me
Since starting this journey as a published author, my life has become something of an open book thanks to social media. I share almost everything with my readers but I try to respect my husband’s privacy. Mr. H., as he is referred to online, is not a fan of social media and while he understands why I participate in it, he doesn’t want to. So any picture I post of him is done with his permission. If you follow me online, then you might think you’ve heard it all but here are five things you may not have known about me.
- I used to be a figure skater. Don’t get me wrong. I wasn’t a professional or even competitive but I loved it. I would go every Saturday morning and spend half the day at the rink. I loved the smell of the ice and the way I felt when gliding along. It was one of the only times in my life that I’ve ever felt graceful.
- My knees are double jointed. I can bend them backward and it looks really bizarre.
- I used to love roller coasters but I can’t go on them anymore because they trigger migraines. I have no idea why but they do. Another “gift” of getting older, perhaps? Boo hiss to that.
- I tried Botox once but hated the way it made me look. I have an expressive face and once I got the Botox, my eyebrows were constantly fighting it and it looked really weird. I decided it was better to have some wrinkles than look like a demented Vulcan.
- When it’s time for me to start a new book, I doubt my ability to actually write another one. Can I do it again? Will the words be there? What if it sucks? What if no one reads it? I let myself go through all of the self-doubt and then I shake It off, put my butt in the chair and write.
I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
The Good, the Bad, and the Vampireby Sara Humphreys
Series: Dead in the City #4
Published by Sourcebooks Casablanca on January 5th 2016
Genres: Paranormal Romance
Amazon | B&N
Beloved author Sara Humphreys' acclaimed paranormal romance series continues with sweltering attraction between two vampires who have all the time in the world to satisfy their desires...
He wants eternity?Dakota Shelton is a vampire cowboy with a penchant for cinnamon lollipops and Johnny Cash. Though highly skilled and deadly dangerous to his enemies, he's still a Texas good ol' boy at heart. And he has that heart set on wooing Trixie LaRoux-the most badass punk rock chick in town-the old-fashioned way.
Over her undead body...Trixie is tough as nails and sharp as a silver stake-the last thing she wants is a man to sit on a porch and not grow old with. So it'll take going to hell and back fighting a new threat to vampires before she admits Dakota's courtship makes her blood hum. Turns out chivalry's not dead after all.
Praise for The Good, the Bad, and the Vampire...."Sara Humphreys combines vampire and cowboy into a devastatingly sexy hero! The Good, the Bad, and the Vampire is a compelling, pulse-pounding, titillating adventure that grabs you from the first page, tosses you down, and steals your breath. Humphreys is a must-read in the paranormal genre!"--NYT Bestselling Author, Rebecca Zanetti
My Review Continue reading